Bend Acrobatic Academy offers Acrobatic Dance lessons following the Acrobatic Arts Syllabus. Programs available for absolute beginners to highly skilled acro dancers. Classes for ages 5 & up.
Summer Intensive classes are back for a fifth year! Click here to learn more & register online. Classes will run Tuesday evenings at GymKyds Gymnastics Centre (421 Beaverhill Blvd) from July 27-August 31, 2021.
Fall 2021- Spring 2022 Season
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Please note the following:
- Schedule is subject to change.
- With Covid-19 uncertainty still looming, payment for fall will not be taken until closer to the Term 1 start date. Registered participants will be contacted to make payment when the time comes.
Classes will run in two terms:
|Term 1:||September 12, 2021 – January 31, 2022|
|Term 2:||February 1, 2022 – June 12, 2022|
SUNDAYS (GymKyds Gymnastics Centre, 421 Beaverhill Blvd. Winnipeg, MB)
|5:00-6:00 PM||Beginner Acro (Ages 5+)|
|6:00-7:00 PM||Novice Acro (Ages 7+)|
|7:00-8:00 PM||Intermediate Acro (Ages 9+)|
|8:00-9:00 PM||Advanced Acro (Ages 11+)|
WEDNESDAYS (GymKyds Gymnastics Centre, 421 Beaverhill Blvd. Winnipeg, MB)
|8:00-9:30||Intermediate/Advanced Acro (Ages 10+)|
FRIDAYS (Quantum Dance Academy St. Norbert Location, 3551 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg)
|5:00-6:15 PM||Advanced Acro (Ages 11+)|
|6:15-7:15 PM||Beginner/Novice Acro (Ages 5+)|
|7:15-8:30 PM||Intermediate Acro (Ages 9+)|
|Class Length||Term 1||Term 2||Both*|
|1 hour||$288 + GST||$288 + GST||$518.40 + GST|
|1.25 hours||$324 + GST||$324 + GST||$583.20 + GST|
|1.5 hours||$360 + GST||$360 + GST||$648 + GST|
*10% discount applied for students who register and pay for Term 1 & 2 in full upon enrolment. Discount will be added at time of payment.
*Students registering for 2 classes in the same term will receive a 10% discount off their second (or shorter) class.
- A once yearly registration & insurance fee of $35 per student is due upon enrolment.
- There are no recitals & we may end term 2 with a wind-up and casual performance event for families. There are no additional costs for costumes or recital fees.
- All payments are to be made by e-transfer (sent to firstname.lastname@example.org), cash, or cheque prior to the start of the first class.
- No refunds beyond the second class of the term. (Ex. Student does first two classes of term and decides not to continue, a prorated refund for the term minus the first two classes will be provided).
- Bend Acrobatic Academy does not give credit and/or refunds for class(es) missed due to holidays, vacation, illness, weather, etc.
Read below to learn about different class options. Specified ages are to be used as a guideline. Teacher reserves the right to change a student classes to ensure the best & safest fit.
Ages 5+, Acrobatic Arts Primary-Level 2.
In Beginner Acro the focus is on learning the fundamentals of acrobatic dance & movement. Building a strong foundation is key in acro and this is where it starts!
No pre-requisites or prior experience necessary.
Ages 7+, Acrobatic Arts Level 3-4.
In Novice Acro we continue to perfect our acro fundamentals and start to move beyond the basics. This class is best suited for students with 1-2 years of previous acro experience or related experience (i.e. gymnastics, dance, etc.)
Before registering for Novice Acro students should be comfortable with the following skills:
- 5 regular push-ups in a row
- Hollow body hold (10 seconds)
- Handstand facing wall (30 seconds)
- Teddy bear stand
- Bridge from standing
- Bridge kick over from height
- Understanding of square splits
- Cartwheel (at least 1 side)
Ages 9+, Acrobatic Arts Level 5-7.
In Intermediate Acro we start to work towards more intricate acrobatic skills and variations. This class is best suited for students with 3+ years of previous acro experience or related experience (i.e. gymnastics, dance, etc.)
Before registering for Intermediate Acro students should be comfortable with the following skills:
- 10 regular push-ups in a row
- 5 tricep push-ups in a row
- 15 v-snaps
- Handstand facing wall (1 minute)
- All splits within 6 inches of the ground
- Can hold headstands, chest stands, and forearm stands for minimum 10 seconds each, leg position optional.
- Front and back walkover on at least 1 side.
- 1 hand cartwheel on both sides with either hand.
- Dive cartwheel
- Hurdle round-off
Ages 11+, Acrobatic Arts Level 8-Pre-Professional 3.
In Advanced Acro we work towards challenging skills and pushing the boundaries of our acrobatic abilities. This class is best suited for students with 5+ years of previous acro experience or related experience (i.e. gymnastics, dance, etc.)
Before registering for Advanced Acro students should be comfortable with the following skills:
- 20 regular push-ups in a row
- 10 tricep push-ups in a row
- 20 v-snaps
- Handstand facing wall (1 minute)
- All splits within 4 inches of the ground
- Chest stand, forearm stand, shoulder stand, and handstand with straight legs (10 seconds each)
- Handstand walking
- Front & back walkover (both sides)
- Able to do flying bridge or rolling tinsica from knees
- Past experience with side & front aerials*
- Past experience back handsprings*
*Students do not need to have these skills mastered already but should have at minimum past experience with them and be comfortable to try them with a spotter.